In an effort to satisfy my sweet tooth in the healthiest possible way, I decided to whip up a good ol' batch of protein cookies for me and my boyfriend. They may not be the same as warm, melty Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, but I do enjoy the lack of guilt I feel after throwing back a half dozen ...and I always manage to toss some dark chocolate chips in the mix anyways ;)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 cups dry oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like chocolate best!)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup your choice of toppings: nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans), seeds (sunflower, flax, chia), berries (dried cranberry, dried blueberry), semisweet chocolate chips, coconut chips
1. Mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add applesauce, oats, protein powder, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and cranberries/chocolate/toppings to mashed bananas.
3. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spoon rounded balls of "dough" onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
4. Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Be sure to share your protein cookie creations with me on Instagram and tag @missjonesie!