If I could only have ONE thing for breakfast for the rest of my life, I would have to choose an Açai Bowl, hands down. And, if you are like me and have already hopped on board the Açai train, you know that this is one of the pricier food trends out there! Which is why I've decided to quit going to Sally Loo's and Bliss Cafe to get them and instead, make them on my own... because really, they're not very hard at all :)
What you'll need:
1. Sambazon Açai Smoothie Pack -- sold in 10 packs at Costco, score
2. Frozen fruit -- I like mangoes and strawberries but the possibilities are endless!
3. Liquid base -- Normally I use almond or coconut milk but any fruit juice works just as well
4. Toppings -- Think granola, coconut chips, fresh fruit (banana, kiwi, strawberry), nuts and seeds
What to do:
1. Combine Açai pack and frozen fruits in blender.
2. Begin to blend at low speed, adding almond milk or other liquid slowly while increasing speed.
3. Blend until smooth. You will want a thicker consistency than a normal smoothie. If the mix is too thick, continue to add milk/juice. If the mixture is too thin, blend in more frozen fruit.
4. Pour into a bowl, add your toppings, and dig in!!